Vehicle burglary happens, even in Y parking lots. Here are some helpful vehicle burglary prevention tips, courtesy of our partners at the City of Boise and the Boise Police Department:
- A locked vehicle is safer. Do not leave the widows or sunroof open, even if parking at home.
- Do not leave car, house, or work keys in the vehicle.
- Do not leave valuables in plain view, even if the vehicle is locked.
- Don’t leave a trace of items that may be hidden “out of sight”. For example: the suction cup on the dashboard may indicate there is a GPS inside.
- Do not leave items with personal identification in the vehicle. Carry registration and insurance cards with you or lock in the glove box.
- Do not leave the garage opener in plain view.
- Alarms and anti-theft devices work. If the vehicle has one, use it.
If you are the victim of vehicle burglary, please call Ada County Dispatch at 377-6790. For emergencies, call 911.