The Treasure Valley Family YMCA provides a supportive work environment where employees are encouraged to grow and contribute.
Employees will experience:
- Fun at work in a cool environment!
- Professional growth and development through YMCA-sponsored trainings
- Membership benefits at the YMCA
- Staff rates on programs and services
- Flexible work schedules and a family-friendly environment
- Competitive benefits package for qualifying staff
This association does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, non-job related medical condition or handicap, veteran or marital status. No question in the employment application form is intended to secure information to be used for such discrimination. Please contact the Human Resources Department if you require accommodation to complete the application or interview process.
All applications will be processed within 48 business hours unless otherwise noted. After the job closing date, the hiring supervisor will review all applications and call qualified applicants to set up an interview.
An applicant must meet all of the below standards prior to being considered eligible for any employment with the Treasure Valley Family YMCA. Meeting these standards does not guarantee eligibility.
- Has not at any time received a withheld judgment, or has not at any time been convicted of any crime committed against children, child pornography, or any offense involving sexual misconduct, pandering, or prostitution.
- Is not registered, and has not been required to register, as a sex offender in the state of Idaho as provided by law.
- Has never been convicted or had a withheld judgment for any crime of violence.
- Has not had a conviction or withheld judgment within the three (3) years preceding the date of application of a crime if it directly pertains to the success of the job being performed.
A Branch Executive Director or higher may submit an appeal on behalf of a potential employee that does not meet the above standards. An e-mail requesting the exemption and stating the rationale must be sent to his/her supervisor (a member of the Executive Leadership Team). After required consultation with the HR Executive, if the Executive Leadership Team member chooses to approve the exemption, he/she must forward the e-mail to Employee Docs stating his/her approval.
As a participant in the Drug Free Idaho program, the Treasure Valley Family YMCA conducts random drug testing on employees at all sites as well as at the screening centers. For more information please contact our Risk Management Director at (208) 344-5502 ext. 240.
All active employees will be subject to having background checks run annually. Any results that violate the eligibility requirements stated above will be addressed by the department supervisor and Branch Executive Director in consultation with their Executive Leadership Team supervisor and the Human Resources Executive Director.
Can I apply for positions online?
Yes, in addition to picking up a hard copy at one of our locations, we now have the option for you to fill out the application online. Click here to view current openings and apply online»
Can I use one application to apply for multiple positions?
Yes, you can apply for multiple positions with one application. Also be advised that you cannot substitute a resume in lieu of a completed application. Applications indicating a specific position applying for are given precedence over applications labeled “Any”.
How do I find out the qualifications for each position?
All qualifications are listed with the position announcement. If you have questions concerning qualifications, you can call Human Resources at (208) 344 5502 ext 288.
How long do I have to wait from my date of hire before applying for another position?
There is no waiting period to apply for other positions within the association.
How long will my application be kept on file?
All applications are kept on file for 90 days, after 90 you will need to resubmit.