The Treasure Valley Family YMCA provides a supportive work environment where employees are encouraged to grow and contribute.
Employees will experience:
- Fun at work in a cool environment!
- Professional growth and development through YMCA-sponsored trainings
- Membership benefits at the YMCA
- Staff rates on programs and services
- Flexible work schedules and a family-friendly environment
- Competitive benefits package for qualifying staff
This association does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, non-job related medical condition or handicap, veteran or marital status. No question in the employment application form is intended to secure information to be used for such discrimination. Please contact the Human Resources Department if you require accommodation to complete the application or interview process.
All applications will be processed within 48 business hours unless otherwise noted. After the job closing date, the hiring supervisor will review all applications and call qualified applicants to set up an interview.
An applicant must first meet all of the below standards prior to being considered eligible for any employment or program volunteer opportunities with the Treasure Valley Family YMCA. Meeting these standards does not guarantee eligibility.
- Has no outstanding warrants.
- Has not received a withheld judgment, or has not been convicted, within the five (5) years preceding the date of application, of any felony or crime which under the laws of this state would be a felony.
- Has not at any time received a withheld judgment, or has not at any time been convicted of any crime committed against children, child pornography, or any offense involving sexual misconduct, pandering, or prostitution.
- Is not registered or has failed to register as a sex offenders in the state of Idaho as provided by law.
- Has not received a withheld judgment, or has not been convicted, within one (1) year preceding the date of application, of any crime involving the use of alcohol, or the sale, possession, or use of drugs, to include the use or possession of drug paraphernalia.
- Has not had a withheld judgment, or has not been convicted, within one (1) year proceeding the date of application, of any crime involving theft.
- Has not had a withheld judgment, or has been convicted, within the three (3) years preceding the date of application, of a DUI if the position applying for is required to drive for work purposes.
- Has been released from incarceration for a minimum of one year preceding the date of application due to a guilty judgment.
Aside from the above an applicant will be considered for an employment or volunteer position with the Treasure Valley Family YMCA, but will require additional discussion and HR and Branch Exec approval prior to processing if any of the below exist:
- Repetition of the same or similar convictions.
- Three or more misdemeanors of any kind excluding traffic violations if the position applying doesn’t require driving within a five (5) year period.
- Has not been gainfully employed since conviction or incarceration.
A Branch Executive Director or higher may submit an appeal on behalf of a potential volunteer or employee that does not meet the above standards. Please see Employment and Program Volunteer Eligibility Appeal Process for more information.
As a participant in the Drug Free Idaho program, the Treasure Valley Family YMCA conducts random drug testing on employees at all sites as well as at the screening centers. For more information please contact our Risk Management Coordinator at (208) 344-5502 ext. 235.
Can I apply for positions online?
Yes, in addition to picking up a hard copy at one of our locations, we now have the option for you to fill out the application online. Click here to view current openings and apply online»
Can I use one application to apply for multiple positions?
Yes, you can apply for multiple positions with one application. Also be advised that you cannot substitute a resume in lieu of a completed application. Applications indicating a specific position applying for are given precedence over applications labeled “Any”.
How do I find out the qualifications for each position?
All qualifications are listed with the position announcement. If you have questions concerning qualifications, you can call Human Resources at (208) 344-5502 ext 288.
How long do I have to wait from my date of hire before applying for another position?
There is no waiting period to apply for other positions within the association.
How long will my application be kept on file?
All applications are kept on file for 90 days, after 90 you will need to resubmit.