- OUR Y
- OUR FOCUS
- BE INVOLVED
- NEWS & EVENTS
Across the United States, more than 500,000 business leaders, community advocates, parents, teens, and individuals who want to give back and support their neighbors volunteer at the Y. In 10,000 neighborhoods nationwide, including the Treasure Valley, we have the presence and partnerships to not just promise, but deliver positive personal and social change. Y volunteers give men, women, and children of all ages and from all walks of life the resources and support they need to be healthy, confident, connected, and secure.
Volunteers of the Y:
- Lead our Board of Directors and Advisory Committees
- Raise funds to ensure the Y is accessible to all members of the community
- Coach our sports teams and teach many of our classes
- Motivate and support youth in building the character strengths, skills and relationships that lead to positive behaviors, better health, smart life choices, and the pursuit of higher education and goals
- Extend a hand to help adults who want to do more, be more or live healthier
- Advocate for the Y's efforts to influence policies and initiative that positively impact societal issues of importance to the nation, and your community
- Participate in opportunities to give back and support neighbors
Download, complete and return the appropriate form from the list below to your local Y, but before you do that, please review our Employment and Program Volunteer Eligibility Standards.
We will be posting volunteer opportunities as they become available so check back periodically.
Child Development - Enrichment »
For additional information please contact our Child Development Administrative Assistant at 344-5502 ext 414
Coach - Youth Sports
Do you have a talent you want to share with your community? We are looking for positive adult role models who would like to coach one of our youth sports teams. For more information on how to get involved, please contact your Youth Sports Coordinator. Boise Coordinator: 344-5502 ext 242 or Meridian/Eagle Coordinator: 855-5711 ext 801.
Junior Swim Instructors - Caldwell
We are looking for teens aged 12-15 who want to volunteer their time to learn about being a swim instructor. Teens will change lives while learning skills that will help you get a job. We will give you the training, experience, and support to assist a swim instructor. For more information please contact our Volunteer Specialist at 454-9622.
Make a SPLASH! - Caldwell
In the fall we offer every 3rd grader in Caldwell the opportunity to learn safety and skills in and around the water in a fun environment. This 10 week program is always in need of volunteers so if you are interested in helping please contact our Volunteer Specialist at 454-9622.
Every year at the annual meeting a select few are honored by receiving either the Vern Emery Award or a Service to Youth Award. If you happen to see any of these individuals at our facilities, take a moment to say Congratulations!