YMCA Camp at Horsethief Reservoir is committed to developing successful youth and responsible members of the community. We work to instill the Y’s core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, and Responsibility through the experiences offered by the outdoors and nature.
It is the Y’s goal for each camper to:
- Develop a sense of self-worth, self-confidence, and self-respect as an individual.
- Strengthen the community of camp by developing successful youth, who engage in healthy living and instill a commitment of social responsibility.
- Flourish as a responsible member within their family and as a citizen of their community.
- Appreciate the health of mind and body, while understanding that physical fitness and mental well-being are to be achieved and maintained.
- Build relationships with others and work towards diversity and inclusiveness.
- Develop a stronger sense of leadership within their own groups and in the community.
- Appreciate the beauty, diversity, and interdependence of all forms of life and resources, to develop an ethical basis for guiding the relationships of others.