- OUR Y
- OUR FOCUS
- BE INVOLVED
- NEWS & EVENTS
New Year's Day 5K Run
Date: January 1st, 2014
Course: 3.1 Mile Run/Walk
All participants will begin at 10:00a.m.
The 3.1 mile course starts and finishes at the Ram Restaurant, located across from Bronco Stadium at Broadway Avenue and Myrtle Street in Boise. All proceeds from the 2014 New Years Day 5k will be used to help support the Treasure Valley YMCA Team Idaho Track and Cross Country Club. This club, started 33 years ago, helps kids at all levels improve and enjoy track & field and cross country in addition to learning goal setting, sportsmanship and proper methods of reaching a high level of fitness.
Thank you to our sponsors:
For more information, please contact:
208 344 5502 ext. 295
Cancelations made 8 or more days prior to the race will receive a full refund. Cancelations made within 7 or less days prior to the race will receive a 50% refund minus a $5.00 processing fee. There are no race day refunds and no refunds after the race.
If you have any questions, please contact the Race Director at email@example.com.
14 and under: $20
15 and older: $30
No T-shirt option: $25
Participants will receive the 2014 New Year’s long sleeve t-shirt.
Registration Deadline: Friday December 26st, 2013
You may register December 27-31 for an additional $10 late fee. You may also register until 9:30am the day of the race.
Race Number Pick-Up: Race numbers will be available 11:00am - 3:00pm, Tuesday December 31, 2013 at Bandanna Running and Walking. Race numbers will also be available on race day at the Ram Restaurant between 8:30am - 9:45am.
To ensure a smooth run event and a good time for everyone, we ask that you read and adhere to the following race instructions.
- Be sure to check all the information on your race tag to make certain all information is correct. Contact a race official to make appropriate changes prior to the start of the race.
- Pin your race number on the front of your body or the outside layer of clothing. Make sure the number and tag is clearly visible at all times. Do not pin the race tag itself.
- Please pick up your timing chip the morning of the race at the event. Velcro your race timing chip around your ankle. Please make sure that it is not covered by clothing.
- Please position yourself at the starting line according to your running or walking ability.
Please stay to the right at all times unless you are passing. Walkers, please allow room for faster participants to pass by not walking more than two abreast.
- Walkers, please walk the entire distance. If you plan on walking and running, please sign up as a runner.
- Use caution on the course, it is going to be cold and it will be slick, so be sure to dress and prepare yourself accordingly.
- Please proceed quickly through the finish chute and have your tag and timing chip ready for the race officials to take.
- Enjoy the Happy New Year post race snacks including bagels from Blue Sky Bagel and hot soup from the Ram Restaurant.
- Awards will be presented as soon as results are tallied by the race officials. Raffle prizes will be drawn during the award ceremony. Race results will be posted on www.ymcatvidaho.org
- If you signed up late, your race t-shirt will be available for pick up at the Downtown Y after January 15th.
|13 & under||25-29||40-44||55-59||70-74|
|19-24||35-39||50-54||65-69||80 & up|
We need volunteers!
Not racing but love to be part of the action? The YMCA would not be able to host this event without the help of great volunteers like you! Help is needed both on and off the course. If you would like to volunteer to help out with this fun event, please call Jack Ward at 344-5502 x270 or email at Jack.Ward@ymcatvidaho.org.