Member Pricing: Free | Non-Member Pricing: Free
Ages: 18 and older
Program goals and information
- Primary goals include increased strength, cardiovascular endurance and flexibility while improving energy levels, which will enhance functional ability to do everyday tasks.
- While the program is offered as a group, each participant is provided individual instruction and workouts appropriate for their level of strength/fitness.
- Reduce the severity of therapy side effects.
- Develop an ongoing physical fitness program, not only as part of recovery, but as a way of life.
- While active in LIVESTRONG at the YMCA, participants will have access to Treasure Valley YMCA branches.
- Groups meet twice a week for 12 weeks (each session is 75 minutes).
- Instructors are certified Cancer Exercise Specialist.
LIVESTRONG at the YMCA is a small-group program developed and established in partnership with the LIVESTRONG Foundation which assists those who are living with, through, or beyond cancer to strengthen their spirit, mind and body. Recent research from the Yale Cancer Center and Dana-Farber/Harvard Cancer Institute confirmed that LIVESTRONG at the YMCA participants experience improved fitness and quality of life as well as significant decreases in cancer-related fatigue.
Cancer is a life-changing disease which takes a tremendous physical and emotional toll on those diagnosed, their families and friends. LIVESTRONG at the YMCA is a no cost, evidence based physical activity and well-being program designed to help adult cancer survivors and a support person achieve their health goals.
Contact Mary Biddle-Newberry for more information at (208) 344 5502 ext 276 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Treasure Valley Family Y believes that every child is of promise. Therefore, no one is denied Y services due to the inability to pay. For more information please visit our Financial Assistance page.
Thank you to our partners: