Treasure Valley Y CrossFit is offered at the West Y in a 2,850-square-foot studio. The studio is staffed by certified CrossFit instructors and outfitted with all the equipment and space required for a complete CrossFit experience.
- Dedicated to the improvement of human health and athletic performance. CrossFit’s foundation is a precise definition of fitness that can be measured, observed, and repeated.
- Constantly varied, high intensity functional movement. All athletes of all ages and ability levels reap the benefits of improved work capacity across broad time and modal domains.
- Empirically driven, clinically tested and community developed.
- Quite simply the sport of fitness.
- A core strength and conditioning program.
CrossFit is not a specialized fitness program but a deliberate attempt to optimize physical competence in each of 10 recognized fitness domains. They are Cardiovascular, and Respiratory endurance, Stamina, Strength, Flexibility, Power, Speed, Coordination, Agility, Balance and Accuracy. The program works exclusively with compound movements and shorter high intensity cardiovascular sessions. Compound or functional movements and high intensity or anaerobic cardio is radically more effective at eliciting nearly any desired fitness result.