When you volunteer at the Y, you provide leadership and talent vital to empowering people and communities to learn, grow and thrive.
Volunteers of the Y:
- Lead our Board of Directors and Advisory Committees
- Raise funds to ensure the Y is accessible to all members of the community
- Coach our sports teams and teach many of our classes
- Motivate and support youth in building the character strengths, skills and relationships that lead to positive behaviors, better health, smart life choices, and the pursuit of higher education and goals
- Extend a hand to help adults who want to do more, be more or live healthier
- Advocate for the Y’s efforts to influence policies and initiative that positively impact societal issues of Participate in opportunities to give back and support neighbors
Download, complete and return the appropriate form to any YMCA location in the Treasure Valley, but before you do that, please review our Volunteer Eligibility Standards below.
For more information about volunteer opportunities, please contact Jeffrey Greene at (208) 344-5502 ext 209.
An applicant must first meet all of the below standards prior to being considered eligible for any employment or program volunteer opportunities with the Treasure Valley Family YMCA. Meeting these standards does not guarantee eligibility.
- Has no outstanding warrants.
- Has not received a withheld judgment, or has not been convicted, within the five (5) years preceding the date of application, of any felony or crime which under the laws of this state would be a felony.
- Has not at any time received a withheld judgment, or has not at any time been convicted of any crime committed against children, child pornography, or any offense involving sexual misconduct, pandering, or prostitution.
- Is not registered or has failed to register as a sex offenders in the state of Idaho as provided by law.
- Has not received a withheld judgment, or has not been convicted, within one (1) year preceding the date of application, of any crime involving the use of alcohol, or the sale, possession, or use of drugs, to include the use or possession of drug paraphernalia.
- Has not had a withheld judgment, or has not been convicted, within one (1) year proceeding the date of application, of any crime involving theft.
- Has not had a withheld judgment, or has been convicted, within the three (3) years preceding the date of application, of a DUI if the position applying for is required to drive for work purposes.
- Has been released from incarceration for a minimum of one year preceding the date of application due to a guilty judgment.
Aside from the above an applicant will be considered for an employment or volunteer position with the Treasure Valley Family YMCA, but will require additional discussion and HR and Branch Exec approval prior to processing if any of the below exist:
- Repetition of the same or similar convictions.
- Three or more misdemeanors of any kind excluding traffic violations if the position applying doesn’t require driving within a five (5) year period.
- Has not been gainfully employed since conviction or incarceration.
A Branch Executive Director or higher may submit an appeal on behalf of a potential volunteer or employee that does not meet the above standards. Please see Employment and Program Volunteer Eligibility Appeal Process for more information.
As a participant in the Drug Free Idaho program, the Treasure Valley Family YMCA conducts random drug testing on employees at all sites as well as at the screening centers. For more information please contact our Risk Management Coordinator at (208) 344-5502 ext 235.