The Treasure Valley Family YMCA is following the Centers for Disease Control and Idaho Department of Health and Welfare for the most accurate and recent information on the Coronavirus. YMCA leadership meets regularly to review the most recent information and will make adjustments to our response when necessary. As always the health and safety of our community is our top priority.
Currently, our YMCA facility housekeeping departments have added extra hand sanitizer to all departments and high traffic areas for members, guests and staff to use. Additionally, Y staff will be wiping down the facility more frequently throughout the day and extra towels and cleaning products will be stocked in the weight and cardio areas for members to wipe down equipment when finished.
Keeping our facilities safe and clean for everyone requires a collective effort from all of us.
We seek everyone’s cooperation in adopting the following precautionary measures to safeguard health and safety in our facilities. We encourage everyone to:
- Observe good personal hygiene and practice frequent hand washing with soap.
- Seek medical attention promptly if you are feeling unwell and refrain from working out.
- Practice coughing and sneezing etiquette by covering your mouth and nose with a tissue and dispose of it immediately in a wastebasket. If no tissue is available, cough or sneeze into the upper sleeve, not the hands. This is a very important control measure to spread germs.
- Keep hands clean with an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Maintain good personal hygiene and practice good sweat etiquette by placing towels on equipment and mats before use and wiping them down thoroughly after use.
- Return used towels into the appropriate bins.
In the Kid Zone and Youth Activity Center, children will be asked to clean their hands when entering and exiting the areas.