Treasure Valley Family YMCA Remains Open and Operational Amid Governor’s Move Back to Stage 2.Featured, In The News
November 15, 2020
Many of you have heard that Governor Brad Little has moved the state of Idaho back into Stage 2. Stage 2 guidelines have minimal impact on any of the current operations of the YMCA.
The only change to our current operations is the closing of our kiddie pools as recommended in the Indoor Gym section of Governor Little’s plan. This change was implemented upon opening facilities on Nov. 14, 2020.
All other classes and programs will continue to run under our COVID 19 safety procedures and the Governor’s Indoor Gyms protocols, which I have attached.
Our Y Kids and School Day Plus child care sites will continue to run with no changes in accordance with the Governor’s child care specific protocols.
YMCA facilities and child care sites will continue to follow approved COVID-19 safety guidelines which include:
- Asking members if they have answered our health guideline questions and are safe to participate in our Y and/or programs
- Physical distancing in all spaces
- Wearing masks where required and recommending masks in all spaces
- Limiting participants in spaces to pre-determined capacity limits (based on physical distancing)
- Following all cleaning protocols
- Follow all staff health protocols
Continued adherence to the above protocols will allow us to continue to keep staff, members, and program participants safe and allow us to continue to serve our community!