Dear Valued Member,
Thank you for your patience this past week as we have worked to better understand and evaluate the new COVID-19 guidelines and recommendations around masking, physical distancing, and capacity limits. As restrictions ease throughout the Treasure Valley, we remain committed to always being a safe and responsible place for our Treasure Valley Family YMCA members, staff, and community. We will continue to re-evaluate our policies and procedures as appropriate.
We are excited to announce that upon opening at 5 am Tuesday, May 18, when you visit your local Y, you will notice several adjustments to our COVID-19 safety protocols designed to serve you better. These changes are based on the updated guidance from federal, state, and local health officials and will go into effect at all YMCA facilities in the Treasure Valley.
- Mask usage will now be optional for members ages 12 and above, except during Vulnerable Population hours between 2—3 pm each day.
- Masks are still recommended for those who are unvaccinated, though not required.
- Since vaccinations are not currently available for children 11 and below, they will be required to wear masks in all facility areas, other than Aquatic Centers.
- If you do not have a mask, we will continue to have masks available for you to use.
- All Y staff and volunteers will continue to be required to wear masks.
Physical Distancing Measures
As we begin to safely increase capacity limits at our facilities, we continue to recommend physical distancing when possible.
Cardio and Weight Rooms
- All cardio and weight room equipment will be available for use.
- Starting June 1, 2021, additional capacity will be available for lap lane use.
- Kiddie Pools are now open at Downtown Boise and Caldwell YMCA facilities for usage by reservation only. Kiddie Pools at the West Boise YMCA and Boise City Aquatic Center will open Wednesday, May 19, 2021.
- Starting June 7, 2021, all facility basketball courts will be open for full use. (Currently, Downtown Boise and West Boise YMCA and Boise City Aquatic Center facilities are closed)
Please consult your front desk and program staff for other area-specific changes.