Bob Wright Selected as 2021 Vern Emery Award Winner!In The News
June 2, 2021
Boise, ID – The Treasure Valley Family YMCA (Y) has awarded individuals with awards for their years of volunteerism and service to the local Y and the community. These awards were presented at the Y’s 130th Annual Meeting on June 2, an event that brought people together to celebrate our local YMCA leaders who are creating positive change within their community, including the volunteers who go above and beyond.
VERN EMERY AWARD
The Board of Directors of the Y established the Vern Emery Award in 1991 in memory and honor of former Y Executive Director Vern Emery’s long-term leadership of this community’s YMCA. It is presented annually to an outstanding volunteer leader based upon the following criteria:
- Long-term service to the Y and the community-at-large
- Former Service-to-Youth Award recipient
- Must demonstrate the personal qualities so characteristic of Vern, including caring, compassion, strong leadership and initiative, optimism, positive attitude, sense of humor, ability to be a role model, ability to praise and build self-esteem in others, and ability to be a friend to all
This year, the Vern Emery Award is being given to long-time Y Member, Bob Wright. To learn more about Bob Wright and his positive impact on our community, watch the YMCA 2021 Annual Meeting Video below.
And we couldn’t accomplish so much without some especially dedicated volunteers who we recognized for their exceptional contributions to the Y Cause.
2021 Volunteer of the Year Awards Winners:
- SanJuanita “Janie” Archuleta | Caldwell YMCA
- Max Veltman | YMCA Camp at Horsethief Reservoir
- Sam Guho | YMCA Child Development
- Kathy Lee | Downtown Boise YMCA
- Grace Rhodes | Tomlinson South Meridian YMCA
- Kathryn Hendricksen | West Boise YMCA & Boise City Aquatic Center
2021 Service to Youth Awards Winners:
- Leif Elgethunn | Retrolux
- Sharon Burke | Optum Idaho
- Alex Zamora | Wilder School District
- Pat and Frank Baillargeon | Civic Leaders
ABOUT THE TREASURE VALLEY FAMILY YMCA
Established in 1891, the Treasure Valley Family YMCA (the Y) is a cause-driven, nonprofit organization that works to strengthen the foundation of our community by developing successful youth, engaging people in healthy living, and instilling a commitment to social responsibility. Annually, we operate over 100 programs that serve 110,000 youth and families throughout our 4 facilities, 440-acre summer camp, and 33 child development sites. We believe all people deserve the chance to achieve their highest potential; therefore, we do not turn anyone away due to an inability to pay. The Treasure Valley Family YMCA provides over $4 million in financial assistance every year so all may participate in our life-changing programs and services. www.ymcatvidaho.org