Get Involved at Your Y!Featured
September 21, 2021
TRAINING & CERTIFICATIONS
Whether you are interested in becoming a Health Coach, lifeguard, or advancing professionally through our Leadership tracks, you can access a wide range of Training and Certifications opportunities at your Treasure Valley Family YMCA. Gain the skills and knowledge you need to provide care and act in an emergency with certification in:
- CPR/AED from the American Safety and Health Institute
- First Aid from the American Safety and Health Institute
- YMCA Lifeguard Certification from the American Red Cross
- Swim Lesson Instructor Certification
- Child and Babysiting Safety from the American Safety and Health Institute or Safe Sitter®
- Defensive Driving Skills
- And More!
DON’T MISS OUT!
For a limited time, we are paying for staff training certifications for new hires, including Lifeguard and Swim Instructor certifications—that’s up to a $225 value! The Y will also cover costs for childcare licensing, CPR/First Aide certification, as well as provide an additional $300/monthly wage enhancement from the Idaho Health & Welfare.
When you volunteer at the Y, you provide leadership and talent vital to empowering people and communities to learn, grow, and thrive.
Volunteers at the Y:
- Lead our Board of Directors and Advisory Committees
- Raise funds to ensure the Y is accessible to all members of the community
- Coach our sports teams and teach many of our classes
- Motivate and support youth in building character strengths, skills, and relationships
- Extend a hand to help adults who want to do more, be more, or live healthier
- Advocate for the Y’s efforts to influence policies and initiative that positively impact societal issues
- Participate in opportunities to give back and support neighbors
Melody's Y Story
Working at the Y, you have the opportunity to strengthen communities and change lives, including your own. No matter what role you take on at the Y, you’ll show up each day with the satisfaction of knowing your contributions are helping to empower young people, improve health and well-being, and inspire action in your community. Working side by side with diverse leaders with different backgrounds, perspectives, and strengths, you’ll discover new ways to connect with your community, find your purpose, and fuel your passion every day!
FOR YOUTH DEVELOPMENT
FOR HEALTHY LIVING
FOR SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
At the Y, our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. It’s who we are, who we aspire to be, and how we show up every day. We are cause-driven. We don’t just show up; we show up with purpose.