At the Treasure Valley Family YMCA, we understand that keeping our community safe and healthy is a shared responsibility.
Therefore, we remain committed to following safety guidelines from our government health authorities as a minimum and best industry operating guidelines. These health and safety measures will continue to include maintaining rigorous cleaning procedures, health screenings, and more.
COVID-19 SAFETY PROTOCOLS
When you visit your local Y, you will notice several adjustments to our COVID-19 safety protocols designed to serve you better. These changes are based on notification from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) on the change in our local community transmission level (https://www.cdc.gov/). Based on the updated indicators from the CDC, the transmission levels in Ada and Canyon Counties have shifted to MEDIUM status. In keeping with the CDC guidelines, the below changes are effective March 5th upon facilities opening.
This includes all four facilities:
- Downtown Boise YMCA
- West Boise YMCA and Boise City Aquatic Center
- Tomlinson South Meridian YMCA
- Caldwell YMCA
- All participants in Membership Operations including Kid Zone, YAC, THRIVE and FAZ, Child Development Sites (excluding our hospital partner sites), Youth Programs, Day Camps, and Sports are not required to wear masks. However, per the CDC guidelines, continuing to wear masks is strongly recommended, regardless of vaccination status.
- Programs occurring at partner sites, including Boise Schools, Saint Alphonsus, and St. Luke’s will continue to mask in accordance with partner mask policies.
- All Y staff and volunteers will continue to wear masks indoors and all other COVID policies and practices will remain in place. We will be monitoring the CDC COVID community level status and will communicate additional changes to our policies as needed.
Thank you for your ongoing commitment to the Treasure Valley Family YMCA!
Please be advised: If you choose to workout in your mask, keep in mind that it may impact exercise intensity, duration, and/or perceived effort. Consider adaptations to your workout that will help you safely and comfortably exercise in a mask.
If you have questions or concerns about our policies, please email our leadership team at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHAT'S OPEN AT THE Y?
Operating hours, as well as the hours activity areas are open, vary by facility. Click on your facility below to learn more about what and when things are currently open.
GENERAL FACILITY FEATURES
- Cardio fitness center (complete with cutting-edge equipment and stretching area) Open
- Fitness studios that house a wide variety of Group Exercise programs» Open
- Yoga Studio Open
- Fitness Studio Open
- Indoor Cycling Studio*
- Pilates Studio Open
- Full-court basketball gymnasium Open
- Variety of weight-lifting systems and rooms Open
- 3 Racquetball courts (two which can be converted for Squash) Open (for individual or family use only)
- Indoor climbing wall*
- Youth Activity Center» Open
- Kid Zone » Open
- Separate locker facilities for adults, youth/family, and special needs members Open
- Towel & Laundry service* Towel Service Open
- Free parking Open
GUEST SAFETY GUIDELINES
Guests will notice several changes in the Y facilities designed to increase safety and serve you better.
Both members and staff will be asked to do a wellness self-assessment before entering the facility. Those with symptoms will be asked to please stay home.
We are ensuring customer and staff safety with the following measures:
ENJOY THE Y SAFELY
Our Treasure Valley Family YMCA Facilities have implemented a new, touch-free check-in process. To download our new app to your smartphone for a quick and easy check-in, click here.
Stay healthy and connected with our On-Demand Video Library of instructor-led workouts and Group Exercise virtual classes, brought to you by our YMCA Health and Well-being staff. Be sure to join all of our facility’s Group Ex Facebook group pages for more info on what is happening in Group Ex at our facilities, including advice and support. Learn more here.
In order to better serve our members and safely ensure physical distancing with reduced capacity, you can now reserve your spot in your Group Ex Classes, Rock Wall, Racquetball Courts, Kid Zone, Recreation and Lap pools for open swim (rec pool) and water fitness classes ahead of time with our Treasure Valley Family YMCA online reservation platform and app. Get started browsing program offering schedules and making your reservations today with the Treasure Valley Family YMCA app or by visiting ymcatvidaho.org/reservations. Please attend the classes and use the time you sign up for. You may sign up for multiple sessions (exception is the 2-hour Kid Zone time limit). Pool hours vary by facility. See when your pool is open by visiting your facility’s page:
The following areas and services are open:
- Weight and cardio rooms/areas.
- Group exercise classes, sign-up for your favorite class ahead of time using our online reservation platform.
- Lap swimming, open swim, and water exercise classes, sign-up ahead of time using our online reservation platform.
- Swimming lessons.
- Walking/running tracks.
- Kid Zone (reservations required).
- Adult and Youth/Family locker rooms.
- Towel service.
- Basketball Courts open at select facilities. Contact your branch to check for availability.
- Pickleball & Racquetball courts.
- Day & Sports camps.
Some swimming activities and group exercise classes now require reservations, please visit our reservations page for more information.
During our closure, some of you opted to change your membership to inactive status, either as a sustaining member or an on-hold member. Now that we are reopening our doors please let us know if you are ready to become an active member again and visit our YMCA facilities. Please note: Only active members will have access to our facilities at this time.
For questions about your memberships, please email your home branch.
Caldwell YMCA | email@example.com
Downtown Boise YMCA | firstname.lastname@example.org
Tomlinson South Meridian YMCA | email@example.com
West Boise YMCA | firstname.lastname@example.org
- All members will be required to take a wellness self-assessment before entering the facility and we ask that you not enter the facility if symptoms are present.
- Members can request a temperature check before entering the facility. If your temperature is 100.4 °F or higher, we ask that you not enter the facility.
Masks are recommended for those who are unvaccinated, though not required.
If you do not have a mask, we will continue to have masks available for you to use.
- Touchless check-in for all members.
- Members must disinfect weight and cardio equipment before and after use.
- Members must sanitize their hands before and after working out either by washing with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or by using hand sanitizer.
- Children under the age of 10 may not be left unattended in the building.
We are strongly that members and guests wear masks in YMCA facilities and programs regardless of vaccination status.
Because there remain significant needs the Y can help address we will continue with our Annual Fundraising Campaign in a fashion that doesn’t put anyone at risk. We can’t afford to not do it.
Please consider helping our community by making a donation to our Sustaining and Annual Fundraising Campaign today.