October 9, 2023 - December 19, 2023
10 years - 14 years
TVAAU competitive basketball league offers players the opportunity to compete with other players from future local high schools all while learning the values of sportsmanship, effort, respect, and teamwork with a focus on maintaining healthy lifestyles and relationships. Treasure Valley AAU is committed to providing players with a positive playing experience. Through YMCA leadership, volunteer coaches as positive role models, and parents/families providing positive and continuous support Treasure Valley AAU Basketball is a platform for players to improve their game within a competitive environment and foster a lifelong pursuit of health.
HERE is a link to the homepage for the AAU league for more information.
To increase numbers in each division we are combining grade levels 7th and 8th grade.
All players are expected to attend tryouts and will be placed on the appropriate level of varsity or junior varsity. Players can request a coach and teams placed together will be placed in the level of their most talented players.
YMCA staff members will use the following criteria during tryouts to evaluate each player.
- Players need to be able to dribble with their dominant hand with complete control and vision of the court.
- Players need to be able to pass and catch while moving with confidence and accuracy.
- Players need to shoot the ball with confidence, proper fundamentals, and relatively high success rate with their dominant hand.
- Players need to be aggressive and strong with the ball at all times.
- Varsity players should already possess the ability to handle the ball, pass, shoot, play defense, and follow a designed offensive or defensive scheme.
- Knowledge of what to do on offense to get open without the ball.
- Knowledge of how to screen and cut.
- Knowledge of basic defensive fundamentals and positioning.
- Knowledge of the rules of the game and where to position themselves correctly.