November 11, 2023 - November 12, 2023
14 years - 99 years
This course is designed to train and certify individuals in the knowledge and skills necessary to help prevent and recognize aquatic risks to assist and alert a lifeguard in the emergency response to an accident or injury. Participants will also be certified in American Safety and Health Institute’s (ASHI) course: Basic Life Support, Basic First Aid for the Community, and Emergency Oxygen Administration upon successful completion of this course. This course does not provide participants with lifeguard certification & training.
This course will include up to 8 hours of e-learning that needs to be completed before the start date of the class, and will also consist of pool and classroom portions.
To complete this class you must be able to complete the following prerequisites:
- Tread water for 2 minutes with no hands
- Swim 100 yards of front crawl
Participants will start in the water at the shallow end and perform the following:
- Sprint for approximately 60 feet and then perform an arm-over-arm surface dive in 4 to 6 feet of water (or maximum depth of training facility)
- Pick up an object (diving ring) from the bottom of the pool, surface, and tread water for at least 1 minute with legs only, then replace the object back on the bottom of the pool where it was found.
- Surface and swim the remaining length to the end of the pool and hoist yourself out of the water without using a ladder or other assistance.
- Immediate begin compressions on an adult manikin for 1 minute or 100 compressions, stand listen to instructions from instructor.
February Aquatic Safety Assistant Class: 02/04-02/05 Sat/Sun 9am-4pm
April Aquatic Safety Assistant Class: 04/29-02/30 Sat/Sun 9am-4pm
July Aquatic Safety Assistant Class: 07/21-07/22 Fri/Sat 9am-5pm
November Aquatic Safety Assistant Class: 11/20-11/21 Mon/Tue 9am-5pm