October 28, 2023 - March 9, 2024
4 years - 6 years
The rookies basketball program is designed as a first experience for players to the sport of basketball. They will learn the basic skills of basketball by doing different fun and exciting games and drills. Our caring and enthusiastic staff are excited to see you and your player soon.
A change coming for all rookies programs beginning in 2023: parent/guardian participation is strongly encouraged on the court in order to give players the best experience possible. We have a new curriculum that enables parents and players to work together to learn key skills and techniques under the direction of our staff.
- Pre-K/Kindergarten, ages 4-6 years
- If your player is a Kindergartner who is ready to play on a team, we highly suggest checking out our basketball league! We have a kindergarten division where players will practice once per week with a volunteer coach and will play one game per week against other teams. Boys play October-December, girls play January-March.
2023 FALL SEASON SCHEDULE INFORMATION:
- October 28th, November 4th, November 11th, December 2nd, December 9th, December 16th
2024 WINTER SEASON SCHEDULE INFORMATION:
- January 27th, February 3rd, February 10th, February 24th, March 2nd, March 9th
- For more information, please email YouthSports@ymcatvidaho.org
FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE IS AVAILABLE. At the Y, no one is denied service due to the inability to pay. Funds for Financial Assistance are provided through the YMCA’s Annual Giving Campaign. Learn more here!
A SAFE PLACE FOR ALL. Keep up-to-date with our current Safety Policies.