January 3, 2022 - March 19, 2022
3 - 5
In stage 2, students focus on body position and control, directional change, and forward movement in the water while also continuing to practice how to safely exit in the event of falling into a body of water.
Prerequisites: WILL go underwater voluntarily but CANNOT do a front and back float in his or her own.
Swimming Skills Developed:
- Submerge, look at object on bottom
- Front glide, 10ft (5 ft. preschool)
- Water exit, independently
- Jump, push, turn, grab
- Back float, 20 secs (10 secs preschool)
- Roll, back to front & front to back
- Front float, 20 secs (10 secs preschool)
- Back glide, 10 ft (5 ft preschool)
- Tread water, 10 secs, near wall & exit
- Swim, Float, Swim, 5 yd