January 3, 2022 - March 16, 2022
3 - 5
In stage 3, students learn how to swim to safety from a longer distance than in previous stages in the event of falling into a body of water. This stage also introduces rhythmic breathing and integrated arm and leg action.
Prerequisites: CAN do a front and back float on his or her own but CANNOT swim 10-15 yards on his or her front and back.
Swimming Skills Developed:
- Submerge, retrieve object in chest-deep water
- Swim on front, 15 yd (10 yd preschool)
- Water exit, independently
- Jump, swim, turn, swim, grab, 10 yd
- Swim on back, 15 yd (10 yd preschool)
- Roll, back to front & front to back
- Tread water, 1 min & exit (30 secs preschool)
- Swim, float, swim, 25 yd (15 yd preschool)