5 - 12
Aquatics conditioning is a competitive pathway for students following swim lessons. This program focuses on continuing to build endurance and stroke technique on all major competitive strokes and encourages swimming as part of a healthy lifestyle. Students will develop endurance with all competitive strokes, flip turns, starts and finishes.
Prerequisites: MUST pass Stage 6 OR CAN swim butterfly across the pool, swim front crawl, back crawl, and breaststroke across the pool and back, swim 150 yards continuously.
Swimming Skills Developed:
- Front crawl, smooth flip turn, 200 yd
- Back crawl, smooth flip turn, 200 yd
- Breaststroke, open turn, 200 yd
- Butterfly, open turn, 100 yd
- Individual medley, turns, 100 yd
- Front start
- Back start
- Relay start, relay exchange
- Endurance, any stroke or combination of strokes, 500 yd