January 3, 2022 - March 19, 2022
5 - 12
Students in stage 4 develop stroke technique in from crawl and back crawl and learn the breaststroke kick and butterfly kick. Water safety is reinforced through treading water and elementary backstroke.
Prerequisites: CAN swim 10-15 yards on his or her front and back but CANNOT swim 15 yards of front and back crawl.
Swimming Skills Developed:
- Endurance, any stroke or combination of strokes, 25 yd
- Front crawl, rotary breathing, 15 yd
- Back crawl, 15 yd
- Diving, sitting
- Resting stroke, elementary backstroke, 15 yd
- Tread water, scissor & whip kick, 1 min
- Breaststroke, kick, 15 yd
- Butterfly, kick, 15 yd