January 3, 2022 - February 18, 2022
5 - 12
Students in stage 5 work on stroke technique and learn all major competitive strokes. The emphasis on water safety continues through treading water and sidestroke.
Prerequisites: CAN swim 15 yards of front and back crawl and HAVE learned breaststroke and butterfly kick, but CANNOT swim front crawl, back crawl, and breaststroke across the pool.
Swimming Skills Developed:
- Endurance, any stroke or combination of strokes, 50 yd
- Front crawl, bend arm recovery, 25 yd
- Back crawl, pull, 25 yd
- Dive, kneeling
- Resting stroke, sidestroke, 25 yd
- Tread water, scissor & whip kick, 2 min
- Breaststroke, 25 yd
- Butterfly, simultaneous arm action & kick, 15 yd