January 3, 2022 - May 26, 2022
5 - 12
In stage 6, students refine stroke technique on all major competitive strokes, learn about competitive swimming, and discover how to incorporate swimming into a healthy lifestyle.
Prerequisites: CAN swim front crawl, back crawl, and breaststroke across the pool, but CANNOT swim front crawl, back crawl, and breaststroke across the pool and back.
Swimming Skills Developed:
- Endurance, any stroke or combination of strokes, 150 yd.
- Front crawl, flip turn, 50 yd
- Back crawl, pull and flip turn, 50 yd
- Dive, standing
- Resting stroke, elementary backstroke or sidestroke, 50 yd
- Tread water, retrieve object off bottom, tread 1 min
- Breaststroke, open turn, 50 yd
- Butterfly, 25 yd