Treasure Valley Family YMCA
The YMCA is committed to providing a safe and welcoming environment for all. To promote safety and comfort, the YMCA asks all persons to act appropriately at all times when in our facilities, on our property or participating in our programs.
We expect persons using the YMCA to employ the character values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility, to behave appropriately and respect the rights and dignity of others. The actions listed below, which are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of behaviors, are considered inappropriate and are prohibited in our facilities or programs:
- Using, possessing or being under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs on YMCA property, in YMCA vehicles or facilities, or at YMCA-sponsored programs
- Tobacco use or vaping on YMCA property – all of our YMCA buildings and grounds are smoke-free environments
- Carrying or concealing a weapon or any device or object that may be used as a weapon
- Harassment or intimidation by words, gestures, body language, or any type of menacing behavior
- Physical contact with another person in an angry, aggressive, or threatening way
- Verbally abusive behavior, including profanity, angry language, swearing, name-calling, or shouting
- Sexually explicit conversation or behavior; any sexual contact with another person
- Cellular phone/tablet usage in locker rooms, sauna/steam room or restrooms
- Attire and/or body art that does not align with YMCA values
- Theft or behavior that results in the destruction or loss of property
- Loitering within facilities or on the grounds of the YMCA after being requested to depart the YMCA’s property
In addition, the YMCA reserves the right to deny access or membership to any person who has been accused or convicted of any crime involving sexual abuse and is or has been a registered sex offender. The YMCA screens all current members and guests prior to gaining entrance to any YMCA facility.
Anyone who feels that this Code of Conduct is being violated should immediately report the behavior to a staff person on duty. YMCA staff members are eager to be of assistance. Please notify a staff member if assistance is needed.
Suspension or termination of YMCA membership and/or program participation may result from a violation of this Code of Conduct. While an incident is being investigated, the membership of the person(s) accused of violating this Code of Conduct may be temporarily suspended pending a final decision.