Schedule: Sat, 10–11am or 11:15am–12:15pm
Fall Session: Oct 30, Nov 6, 13, Dec 4, 11, 18
Winter Session: Jan 29, Feb 5, 12, 26, Mar 5, 12
Boys and girls interested in learning team sports will enjoy the Rookies program. Participants experience their first gameplay, create fun names for their assigned teams, and participate in drills and games. Each child receives a team shirt and will be exposed to the YMCA character values of CARING, HONESTY, RESPECT, and RESPONSIBILITY. There are no weekday practices; the entire program will be held on Saturdays.
Required Items: water bottle, athletic attire & shoes (the YMCA provides uniform shirts)
For more information, please contact:
Downtown Boise YMCA Sports Coordinator – 208 344 5502 ext 292
South Meridian YMCA Sports Director – 208 331 9622 ext 515
West Boise YMCA Sports Coordinator – 208 377 4886 ext 801
Youth Sports Safety GuidelinesThe following guidelines have been developed to align with the mandates of Central District Health and recommendations of the CDC and are subject to change*.
- All staff will perform a health screening at the beginning of each day and will be required to wear face masks.
- Health screenings will be performed with all players at check-in for practice and games.
- All equipment will be washed or sanitized at halftime or between sets and after each game.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided for players to sanitize before, during, and after practice or gameplay.
- Program space will be cleaned and disinfected before and after each day.
- Parents/Guardians will be required to wear a mask when attending games and practices in accordance with CDH mandates for Ada County.
- Players will be required to wear masks when not actively participating on the court or field, including on the sidelines.
- CDH guidelines for Ada County currently restrict groups to 50 or less. At this time, each player will be only allowed one parent/guardian to attend practices and games.