Thank you for your interest in the Treasure Valley Family YMCA. Due to COVID-19, our volunteer opportunities are limited at this time. We appreciate your interest and support!
When you volunteer at the Y, you provide leadership and talent vital to empowering people and communities to learn, grow, and thrive.
Volunteers of the Y:
- Lead our Board of Directors and Advisory Committees
- Raise funds to ensure the Y is accessible to all members of the community
- Coach our sports teams and teach many of our classes
- Motivate and support youth in building the character strengths, skills, and relationships that lead to positive behaviors, better health, smart life choices, and the pursuit of higher education and goals
- Extend a hand to help adults who want to do more, be more or live healthier
- Advocate for the Y’s efforts to influence policies and initiative that positively impact societal issues
- Participate in opportunities to give back and support neighbors
If you have already registered to volunteer, log in to see and manage your volunteer activity.
An applicant must meet all of the standards below prior to being considered eligible for any volunteer opportunities with the Treasure Valley Family YMCA. Meeting these standards does not guarantee eligibility.
- Has not at any time received a withheld judgment, or has not at any time been convicted of any crime committed against children, child pornography, or any offense involving sexual misconduct, pandering, or prostitution.
- Is not registered, and has not been required to register, as a sex offender in the state of Idaho as provided by law.
- Has never been convicted or had a withheld judgment for any crime of violence.
- Has not had a conviction or withheld judgment within the three (3) years preceding the date of application of a crime if it directly pertains to the success of the job being performed.
All active volunteers may be subject to having background checks run throughout their volunteer period. Any results that violate the eligibility requirements stated above will be addressed by the department supervisor and Branch Executive Director in consultation with their Executive Leadership Team supervisor and the Human Resources Executive Director.
For more information, please contact our Human Resources Support at 208 344 5502 ext 293.