When you volunteer at the Y, you provide leadership and talent vital to empowering people and communities to learn, grow and thrive.
Volunteers of the Y:
- Lead our Board of Directors and Advisory Committees
- Raise funds to ensure the Y is accessible to all members of the community
- Coach our sports teams and teach many of our classes
- Motivate and support youth in building the character strengths, skills and relationships that lead to positive behaviors, better health, smart life choices, and the pursuit of higher education and goals
- Extend a hand to help adults who want to do more, be more or live healthier
- Advocate for the Y’s efforts to influence policies and initiative that positively impact societal issues
- Participate in opportunities to give back and support neighbors
|Association Services||208 344 5502 ext email@example.com|
|Caldwell YMCA||208 459 2498 ext firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Downtown Boise YMCA||208 344 5502 ext email@example.com|
|South Meridian YMCA||208 331 9622 ext firstname.lastname@example.org|
|West Boise YMCA||208 377 4886 ext email@example.com|
|Child Development||208 377 4886 ext firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Healthy Living Center||208 344 5502 ext email@example.com|
An applicant must meet all of the standards below prior to being considered eligible for any volunteer opportunities with the Treasure Valley Family YMCA. Meeting these standards does not guarantee eligibility.
- Has not at any time received a withheld judgment, or has not at any time been convicted of any crime committed against children, child pornography, or any offense involving sexual misconduct, pandering, or prostitution.
- Is not registered, and has not been required to register, as a sex offender in the state of Idaho as provided by law.
- Has never been convicted or had a withheld judgment for any crime of violence.
- Has not had a conviction or withheld judgment within the three (3) years preceding the date of application of a crime if it directly pertains to the success of the job being performed.
A Branch Executive Director or higher may submit an appeal on behalf of a potential volunteer that does not meet the above standards. An e-mail requesting the exemption and stating the rationale must be sent to his/her supervisor (a member of the Executive Leadership Team). After a required consultation with the HR Executive, if the Executive Leadership Team member chooses to approve the exemption, he/she must forward the e-mail to Employee Docs stating his/her approval.
All active volunteers may be subject to having background checks run throughout their volunteer period. Any results that violate the eligibility requirements stated above will be addressed by the department supervisor and Branch Executive Director in consultation with their Executive Leadership Team supervisor and the Human Resources Executive Director.
For more information please contact our Human Resources Support at 208 344 5502 ext 293.