Why work for the Y?
Working at the Y, you have the opportunity to strengthen communities and change lives, including your own. No matter what role you take on at the Y, you’ll show up each day with the satisfaction of knowing your contributions are helping to empower young people, improve health and well-being, and inspire action in your community. Working side by side with diverse leaders with different backgrounds, perspectives, and strengths, you’ll discover new ways to connect with your community, find your purpose, and fuel your passion every day!
At the Y, our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. It’s who we are, who we aspire to be, and how we show up every day. We are cause-driven. We don’t just show up; we show up with purpose. We are welcoming: we’re open to all and create spaces where you can be, belong, and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in your ability to inspire a brighter tomorrow. We are nurturing: we’re with you on your path to reach your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we work relentlessly to strengthen communities, starting with you.
Join us and help transform lives!
Ready to Get Started?New to the Treasure Vally Family YMCA? View our current openings and apply here:
- Professional growth and development through YMCA-sponsored trainings
- Membership benefits at the YMCA
- Staff rates on programs and services
- Flexible work schedules and a family-friendly environment
- Competitive benefits package for qualifying staff including a generous paid-time-off package, medical, and dental insurance
- 10% employer-funded retirement plan after eligibility period
Application ProcessAll applications will be processed within 48 business hours unless otherwise noted. After the job closing date, the hiring supervisor will review all applications and call qualified applicants to set up an interview.
Employment EligibilityAn applicant must meet all of the below standards prior to being considered eligible for any employment with the Treasure Valley Family YMCA. Meeting these standards does not guarantee eligibility.
- Has not at any time received a withheld judgment, or has not at any time been convicted of any crime committed against children, child pornography, or any offense involving sexual misconduct, pandering, or prostitution.
- Is not registered, and has not been required to register, as a sex offender in the state of Idaho as provided by law.
- Has never been convicted or had a withheld judgment for any crime of violence.
- Has not had a conviction or withheld judgment within the three (3) years preceding the date of application of a crime if it directly pertains to the success of the job being performed.
As a participant in the Drug Free Idaho program, the Treasure Valley Family YMCA conducts random drug testing on employees at all sites as well as at the screening centers. For more information please contact our Risk Management Director at 208 344 5502 ext 240.