Why work for the Y?
Working at the Y, you have the opportunity to strengthen communities and change lives, including your own. No matter what role you take on at the Y, you’ll show up each day with the satisfaction of knowing your contributions are helping to empower young people, improve health and well-being, and inspire action in your community. Working side by side with diverse leaders with different backgrounds, perspectives, and strengths, you’ll discover new ways to connect with your community, find your purpose, and fuel your passion every day!
At the Y, our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. It’s who we are, who we aspire to be, and how we show up every day. We are cause-driven. We don’t just show up; we show up with purpose. We are welcoming: we’re open to all and create spaces where you can be, belong, and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in your ability to inspire a brighter tomorrow. We are nurturing: we’re with you on your path to reach your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we work relentlessly to strengthen communities, starting with you.
Join us and help transform lives!
Ready to Get Started?
New to the Treasure Vally Family YMCA? View our current openings and apply here »
Current Openings »
Previously employed with us? We are excited to have you reapply! Please email your updated resume and/or cover letter to email@example.com. Please include the position you are applying for in the subject line. If you experience difficulty during the application process, please contact Alli Miles at 208 344 5502 ext 209.
- Professional growth and development through YMCA-sponsored trainings
- Membership benefits at the YMCA
- Staff rates on programs and services
- Flexible work schedules and a family-friendly environment
- Competitive benefits package for qualifying staff including a generous paid-time-off package, medical, and dental insurance
- 10% employer-funded retirement plan after eligibility period
This association does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, non-job related medical condition or handicap, veteran or marital status. No question in the employment application form is intended to secure information to be used for such discrimination. Please contact the Human Resources Department if you require accommodation to complete the application or interview process.
All applications will be processed within 48 business hours unless otherwise noted. After the job closing date, the hiring supervisor will review all applications and call qualified applicants to set up an interview.
An applicant must meet all of the below standards prior to being considered eligible for any employment with the Treasure Valley Family YMCA. Meeting these standards does not guarantee eligibility.
- Has not at any time received a withheld judgment, or has not at any time been convicted of any crime committed against children, child pornography, or any offense involving sexual misconduct, pandering, or prostitution.
- Is not registered, and has not been required to register, as a sex offender in the state of Idaho as provided by law.
- Has never been convicted or had a withheld judgment for any crime of violence.
- Has not had a conviction or withheld judgment within the three (3) years preceding the date of application of a crime if it directly pertains to the success of the job being performed.
A Branch Executive Director or higher may submit an appeal on behalf of a potential employee that does not meet the above standards. An e-mail requesting the exemption and stating the rationale must be sent to his/her supervisor (a member of the Executive Leadership Team). After required consultation with the HR Executive, if the Executive Leadership Team member chooses to approve the exemption, he/she must forward the e-mail to Employee Docs stating his/her approval.
As a participant in the Drug Free Idaho program, the Treasure Valley Family YMCA conducts random drug testing on employees at all sites as well as at the screening centers. For more information please contact our Risk Management Director at 208 344 5502 ext 240.
All active employees will be subject to having background checks run annually. Any results that violate the eligibility requirements stated above will be addressed by the department supervisor and Branch Executive Director in consultation with their Executive Leadership Team supervisor and the Human Resources Executive Director.